[fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”10″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”” padding_right=”” hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][title size=”2″ content_align=”left” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]Lectures & Classes[/title][fusion_text]Lectures:
- My Artwork, Inspiration & Techniques – ($400) 1 hr
- Going to the Next Level – hints/tips on entering major quilt/fine art shows ($400) 1 hr
- Design and Composition for Art Quilts ($400) 1 hr
Classes: (one day class – $600; two day class – $1100; ½ day class – $400)
- Ragged and Real –the process I used for ‘Walk of the Cranes’ (seen in Portfolio section of my website). 2 day class.
This class starts with building your background with strips (torn and/or cut) of fabric fused to a backing piece of fabric. This background is machine quilted. After background is built loosely realistic, a realistic foreground subject is fused and free motion quilted down. All work is done by machine. Must have some sewing experience and be comfortable with your machine. Machine should be capable of free-motion stitching.
- Seams to be Abstract – the process I used for my ‘She’ series and other pieced abstract works, curved piecing also taught (seen in Portfolio section of my website). 2 day class
This class starts with a simple idea for subject matter, can be determined in class. Use of scrap materials in light, medium and dark hues. All work is done by machine. Must have some sewing experience and be comfortable with your machine. Free-motion quilting or straight stitch quilting, whatever you prefer it.
- Abstraction Distraction – how to make fused abstract art with fabric. 1 day class
This class teaches some of the basics of abstract design. Exercises will involve experimenting and playing with abstracting your images from photos or magazines. Fusing, no machine required, no sewing in class.
- Realistic Representation – process I used for ‘Sittin on the Dock’ (seen in Portfolio section of my website). 2 day class
This class teaches the methods I use when I do a realistic image in fabric using fusing and machine piecing, markers, stitching methods, etc. Must have some sewing experience and be comfortable with your machine. Machine should be capable of free-motion stitching.
- Monoprinting on Fabric – process I used for ‘Industrial Strength’(seen in Portfolio section of my website). 1 day class
Using a geli-printing block, plastic sheeting and fabric paint. Create or develop your own fabric from plain cotton, silk or recycled fabrics. Just plain fun! Can also be done on paper. Supply cost for gelli print block or bring your own. New sewing, just playing.
Costs of all presentations/classes do not include travel and lodging (mileage to and from venue at current IRS rates).
Class size should be limited to 20 students. All day class is usually 6 hrs plus a break for lunch. (example: 9AM – 4PM)
Supply lists and handouts will be provided.
If there is something else that trips your trigger, I am open to suggestions, combinations changes and new things.